The Global Investors for Sustainable Development (GISD) Alliance, supported by the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, together with the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) and the United Nations Foundation, held a side event during the World Bank Group and International Monetary Fund 2023 Spring Meetings.
The event titled "Enhancing the Role of MDBs in Catalyzing Private Finance and Investment" took place on Friday, April 14, between 8:30 - 10:00 am EDT at the UN Foundation office (1750 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, 12th floor, Washington DC 20006).
Given the crucial role that multilateral development banks (MDBs) play in supporting developing countries, especially in financing the infrastructure and projects necessary to achieve Sustainable Development Goals, the event provided an opportunity to discuss the implementation of a set of specific recommendations developed by the GISD Alliance to enhance the mobilization of private capital by MDBs and development finance institutions.
- Amina Mohammed, Deputy Secretary-General, United Nations
- Diana Janse, State Secretary for International Development Cooperation and Trade, Sweden
- Elizabeth Cousens, President and CEO, United Nations Foundation
- Gillian Tett, Chair of Editorial Board and Editor-at-Large, Financial Times
- Axel van Trotsenburg, Senior Managing Director of Development Policy & Partnerships, World Bank
- Carin Jämtin, Director-General, Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency
- Marc-André Blanchard, Executive Vice-President and Head of CDPQ Global and Global Head of Sustainability
- Nils Bolmstrand, Chief Executive Officer, Nordea Asset Management