Global Investors for Sustainable Development Alliance
Second Annual Meeting of the GISD Alliance
An Extraordinary Meeting on “COVID-19: Response and Recovery” between GISD Members and the Secretary-General, held on 10 June 2020, stressed the sense of urgency and led to a re-orientation of the GISD work programme. The GISD Alliance Members agreed to renew, recharge and reinforce their efforts to scale sustainable finance for the timely achievement of the SDGs. To transform this commitment into concrete action, the 2nd Annual Meeting of the GISD Alliance will have the following objectives:
- Identify deliverables for the next two years of the GISD Alliance and ensure commitment from GISD Members to their implementation;
- Engage with Member States on the realization of the GISD Alliance deliverables;
- Raise global awareness for the work of the GISD Alliance through media outreach.
- 9:00-10:30 am: Second Annual GISD Alliance Meeting with the UN Secretary General (closed)
- 10:45-11:45 am: GISD Alliance Discussion with Member States (Watch on webtv.un.org)
- 12:00-12:30 pm: UN Daily Press Briefing, GISD Co-chair Leila Fourie as guest (Watch on webtv.un.org)
For more information, please contact us.